httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colson <scol...@westpole.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Name based virtual hosts
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:51:32 GMT

On Friday, Jan 31, 2003, at 10:42 America/Detroit, Joshua Slive wrote:
> 1. You need only a single NameVirtualHost directive for each IP, not
> one
> for each <VirtualHost>.
This fixed the problem, thanks!

> 2. Unless you are doing something complicated (SSL, mixed IP/name based
> vhosts), you should use "*" in place of the IP address in
> NameVirtualHost
> and <VirtualHost> as suggested by the docs.
Yes. There are a bunch of other domain names and IP's on that box.
domain1 and domain2 should only listen to the specified IP, or I would
have wildcarded it.

> 3. You RewriteRules make no sense.  What are they supposed to do?
Artifact of the Cobalt web control panel. To be honest, I don't know
what they do either, but it seems to work with the rewrite's in there,
so I don't really mind it much.

Thanks all for your help!
-s