httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <lorddraco_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache server 2.0.43
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:09:44 GMT
ok i am going to move to port 8080 lol  i think  not realy sure how to in
the config file but going to try.......
and i am going to reconfig router for port 8080 forwarding
----- Original Message -----
From: "IOD" <iod@bsdshell.dyndns.org>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache server 2.0.43

> I can't get to the site.
>
> I can ping the address but a telnet to port 80
> on your ip times out which tells me that either
> your ISP is not allowing port 80 connections or
> your your router is not set up to do port forwarding.
>
> Many ISPs block port 80 for non-commercial accounts
> so for another test you could try starting this up on
> port 8080 and reconfiguring your port redirect.
>
> I'm going to assume you started the server but I'm
> not getting a connection refused so I don't think
> that is the problem.
>
> Looking at your ip address, its from charter.com which
> appears to be a cable company. Definitely try on port 8080
> and either post back or mail me privately and I will let
> you know if I can get to it after that.
>
> iod
>
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, David Jones wrote:
>
> > please forgive me but I am new to this ,,,I have downloaded the
selfinstalling  server and I need to know do I need to get anything else to
get the http server to work I would like to host WebPages to the internet
> > I have read the docs and I am lost a little bit about addind  users to
this server  I have the server running but all I  keep getting is a  Apache
server test page
> > the server address is  http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105
im not sure if it will work because I have the server behind a linksys
router but I did config the ports for port 80 to goto the cpu with the
server