httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <lorddraco_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server 2.0.43
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 01:22:01 GMT
ok i have attached the httpd.conf file  on this msg
and the http://localhost works and i am able to pull up the apache test page on a computer
not on my
router and not on the same internet connection but in the same house and also on charter internet

-->i use a linksys BEFSR41  ETHERFAST  CABLE/DSL ROUTER AND ON THE  FIRMWARE VER IS////
well as far as i can tell i have no firmware updated i never updated it its just out of the
box so......i guess its the firmware that came installed on it from the factory  i guess
i can update it  i have the option to in the setup pages but havent done it yet

the block wan request is disabled and i have placed the computer with the server  on it in
the  DMZ zone
i have port 80
and port 8080 forwarded to the server cpu

and i found this on the linksys webpage  should i download and install the update?==========================================================

All Linksys firmware upgrades are posted on the Linksys website at www.linksys.com, where
they can be downloaded for free. The router's firmware can be upgraded with TFTP programs.

Your Router does NOT need the latest firmware upgrade if your Internet connection is already
successful, as firmware upgrades will not increase your connection speed or enhance your Router's
performance.

a.. Does the Router support IPsec?

Yes. Firmware Version 1.23.4 and later support IPsec. IPsec is a security protocol that provides
authentication and encryption over the Internet. Unlike SSL, which provides services at layer
4 and secures two applications, IPSEC works at layer 3 and secures everything in the network.