httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <lorddraco_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server 2.0.43
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:09:06 GMT
sorry about all the screen shots but that is the fastest way

aahhhhhh ..... i think charter is blocking all these ports het is what i got from the link

     FTP  Port 21 Server detected and it is publicly accessible. Your ISP is not blocking
port 21.
     Telnet Port 23 Unable to detect server on this port.
     SMTP Port 25 Server detected and it is publicly accessible. Your ISP is not blocking
port 25.
     HTTP Port 80 Unable to detect server on this port.
     POP3 Port 110 Unable to detect server on this port.
     NNTP Port 119 Unable to detect server on this port.
     IMAP4 Port 143 Unable to detect server on this port.
     HTTPS Port 443 Unable to detect server on this port.
     PCAW Port 5631 Unable to detect server on this port.
     IRC Port 6667 Unable to detect server on this port.
     IRC Port 7000 Unable to detect server on this port.
        Alt HTTP Port 8080 Unable to detect server on this port

      i went into the router and opened these ports  so i think charter is blocking them
here is my router  config

                    Filters Forwarding Dynamic Routing Static Routing DMZ Host MAC Addr. Clone
  Setup

            UPnP
            FORWARDING Port forwarding can be used to set up public services on your network.
When users from the Internet make certain requests on your router, they will be redirected
to the specified IP.

                        Application Name Ext.Port Protocol
                        TCP     UDP     Int. Port           IP Address        Enable
                        FTP 21                  192.168.1.
                        Telnet 23                 192.168.1.
                        SMTP 25                 192.168.1.
                        DNS 53                 192.168.1.
                        TFTP 69                 192.168.1.
                        finger 79                 192.168.1.
                        HTTP 80                 192.168.1.
                        POP3 110                 192.168.1.
                        NNTP 119                 192.168.1.
                        SNMP 161                 192.168.1.

      and here is just the port forwarding

                    Filters Forwarding Dynamic Routing Static Routing DMZ Host MAC Addr. Clone
  Setup

            PORT RANGE
            FORWARDING Port forwarding can be used to set up public services on your network.
When users from the Internet make certain requests on your router, they will be redirected
to the specified IP.

                        Customized Applications Ext.Port Protocol
                        TCP Protocol
                        UDP IP Address Enable
                        To    192.168.1.
                        To    192.168.1.

      just these two for now but i think i will try another port please advise which port
i should use
      thank you