httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <lorddraco_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] hhtp config file
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 04:13:34 GMT
ok i undone what i did  and i have no firewall on the server cpu
and when i goto this url it works on the server cpu
and my other cpu too here is the url    http://192.168.1.101:9000 but if i
leave the 9000 of its a nogo huh wonder why
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jurgen" <apache@squarehosting.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] hhtp config file

> I don't get it. I get a Connetion refused. Are you sure you are not having
a firewall?

> Jurgen
>

> On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:48:05 -0500
> "David Jones" <lorddraco_219@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ok i have configured router and httpd file for port 9000
> > the server address is http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105
> > tell me if anyone gets the server test page please ok
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > o and btw thank you for clearing up the confusion about the   #   for me
lol

put many examples into the file but not confuse the web server (and the
administrator) with multiple/contradictory entries. You need to remove the #
from only the directives you want to enable. BTW, chances are, you will do
fine just using Listen 9000.
> >   Tom
> >
> >   David Jones wrote:
> >
> >     ok let me get this right in the httpd config file i have to remove
all of the   <  #  >  for the file to even work or just the ones infron ot
the  Listen   lines
> >     sry i am a total newbie to this thing ok
> >     but i gotta learn somehow
> >     and can you explaine about the ip a little all i done was copy waht
was already in the httpd config file well all but the   9000

w/ the IP declared will only monitor the interface with that IP bound to it.
The one w/o the IP will monitor all interfaces (real and virtual) on a
machine.
> >       Just remember to remove the "#l " for it to even have an effect.
;-)
> >       Tom
> >
> >       David Jones wrote:
> >
> >         i have a qoestion in the httpd config file when i change ports
to listen to in the line like this