httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <lorddraco_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] hhtp config file
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:48:05 GMT
ok i have configured router and httpd file for port 9000
the server address is http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105
tell me if anyone gets the server test page please ok

thank you

o and btw thank you for clearing up the confusion about the   #   for me lol
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Terra Novum
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 10:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] hhtp config file

  Lines prefixed with # are comments. These lines are commented so as to put many examples
into the file but not confuse the web server (and the administrator) with multiple/contradictory
entries. You need to remove the # from only the directives you want to enable. BTW, chances
are, you will do fine just using Listen 9000.
  Tom

  David Jones wrote:

    ok let me get this right in the httpd config file i have to remove all of the   <
#  >  for the file to even work or just the ones infron ot the  Listen   lines
    sry i am a total newbie to this thing ok
    but i gotta learn somehow
    and can you explaine about the ip a little all i done was copy waht was already in the
httpd config file well all but the   9000