httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sam K Tan <sam.k....@sun.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache ldap authentication
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 08:57:13 GMT
Aaron,

Totally out of bounds but perhaps somewhat related to your question ...

How did you get Apache to work with LDAP? I've tried downloading the source
2.0.43 and the Sun/iPlanet LDAP SDK and played with the configure options,
but no matter what I do, I can't get it to compile. The configure script
always bombs out with a "could not find an LDAP library" error message. This
occurs in srclib/apr-util.

BTW, I'm using Solaris 8.

On 2/1/03 16:11, "Aaron Sturm" <aaron_sturm@hotmail.com> wrote:

> After apache authenticates a user, is there a way I can pass the username to
> a CGI? Or do I have to create a login page and have the CGI do the ldap
> authentication?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Sam K Tan                             samktan@sun.com
Product Technologist                  m. +65 96669541
Operating Environments Ambassador     f. +65 64387646
Security Technologies Ambassador      d. +65 62397807
HPC Ace

                       Asking if a computer can think
               is like asking if a submarine can swim.
                                       E. W. Djikstra