httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] install apache2 in /programs/apache2
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:08:37 GMT
xingguo chen wrote:

It is considered bad form to begin a new thread/question by "replying"
to an existing thread.  If you are not answering a previous post, then
send a "new" message.

>I installed Apache2 by 3 steps.
>
>1. I installed under /programs/apache2.

You don't say, but from the non-FHS compliant location, I'm guessing
this is on a legacy OS? (see URLs below)

>2. Edited /programs/apache2/cong/http.conf
>   a. Listen 192.168.0.2:80  ( this is my local IP)

Unless there is a pressing need to listen *only* to a given address,
leave this commented out.  You don't need it.  This may or may not be
the only problem, but is a starting point.

<snip all the stuff that should have already been gone>

For better results when using a mail list, follow the guidelines
presented in these papers:

gt                                     kk5st@sbcglobal.net
If you find you've dug yourself into a hole, stop digging.