httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Pugh" <johnp...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Service Specific error 1 (WIN NT)
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:30:09 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.39 on a WIN NT4 SP6 machine and all has been well
for some months. This morning I stopped the Apache service to redirect the
access logs by modifying the conf file. I then restarted Apache. It would
not come up and I received the following error message:

"The Apache2 service returned service specific error 1"

I returned the conf file back to its previous condition but it didn't help.
I tried to repair the installation with the install program - didn't work. I
checked the logs - nothing useful. I un-installed Apache and reinstalled it
- no change.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and can you advise. My next step
is to restore the server from a recent backup.

> John
ESN 357-3626 (919-997-3626)
GSIMS: http://gsims.ca.nortel.com <http://gsims.ca.nortel.com>
Interop: http://interoperability <http://interoperability>