httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phill Ashworth <ad...@dwvc.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2 content negotiation
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:20:11 GMT
I've just switched to Apache 2 and I'm experiencing some different
behaviour to my previous setup with Apache 1.3

I use content negotiation in order to have urls such as
www.mysite.com/phpdoc/new
instead of
www.mysite.com/phpdoc.php?article=new

I don't do any kind of url rewriting and the url
www.mysite.com/phpdoc/new used to work fine,  phpdoc.php would be run
and I could parse the url to get any parameters ('new' in this case).

However under Apache 2 I can only access the file as
www.mysite.com/phpdoc
Anything else after the document name causes a file not found error.

I don't know if this is a difference in behaviour in Apache 2 or if I
have not configured a particular option or module correctly.

I would appreciate some suggestions
Thanks
Phill Ashworth