httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nelson Goforth <ngofo...@earthnet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite - difficulty with substitution
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:18:05 GMT
The id numbers I'm using in an online database have changed, and so I'm
trying to force the search engines to update their links to internal
pages.

I want to force Referers others than my own site to go to the index
page, rather than to the perl script that drives the system.

I've ALMOST got it working with:

	RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.myserver.*
	RewriteRule ^cgi-bin/(.+)$ http://www.myserver.com/index.html [L,R=301]

However, assuming the link was to
".../cgi-bin/lookup.pl?searchkeys=3456",  the URL is being rewritten as:

        http://www.myserver.com/index.html?searchkeys=3456

Which I don't want - just "index.html", please!

I don't know why the substitution is being performed.  Before I put the
(.+) memory in place in the Rule the entire request was being added on
(like ...myserver.com/index.htmllookup.pl?...etc.) and would get a 404
error or worse.  So I tried to capture EVERYTHING after the /cgi-bin
and then just NOT use it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Nelson