httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Savage <Mike.Sav...@datastream.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Linking apache with NGPT
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:07:43 GMT
You're probably not going to see any increase with the 1.3.x series, nor
with the default prefork mpm under the 2.0.x series.  Better performance can
probably be realized with the worker mpm under 2.0.x.
Try compiling 2.0.x using the following:

./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-threads (and whatever other options)

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp [mailto:kernel@cyberraum.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 11:19 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Linking apache with NGPT

Dear Apache Users,

i like to install Apache 1.3.27 with another Thread Library,
the "Next Generation Posix Threating" Library. The Problem
is that i dont want to completly swith to this library but only
link some programms with it. For Mysql i found the information
i need, but i cant find anything for Apache. I googled for it and
i search the FAQ and the Archive. I searched the archive for
keywords like "Thread Library" and just "Thread", but the result
didnt help me...

Finally: here are my questions:

1) How can i link apache with the module ?
is there any special ./configure command or do i have to change
the Makefile somewhere ?

2) Does anyone have any experience on running apache with
NGPT (is it stable, is it faster, do you recommend it ?)

Thank you very much, yours
Philipp