httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tan, Julien" <julien....@intel.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache cannot work ????
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:51:20 GMT
Hi,

My apache server is
[bb@t3bb bb]$ /usr/sbin/httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Apr  9 2002 14:56:43

i have installed the lynx and tried out your tips, it work

here is the result

localhost

   Welcome to julien tan web page The computer is your friend

Arrow keys: Up and Down to move.  Right to follow a link; Left to go back.
Commands: Use arrow keys to move, '?' for help, 'q' to quit, '<-' to go
back.

Data transfer completeting for response./1.1 200 OK

now the question is with lynx it work how about the internet explorer (IE5)?
I am at my office on subnet 153 and that machine is on subnet 85. I tried to
access that machine http://hostname:80 it cannot access. what is that things
that is causing this, please recommend which other area that I over looked??

here is the result from the IE5

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: <http://172.30.85.12/>
The following error was encountered:
*	Connection Failed
The system returned:
    (60) Operation timed out
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
Your cache administrator is webmaster <mailto:webmaster>.