httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chen, Karen" <KC...@WhiteRockNetworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to make Apache server to send request to another web server
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:52:42 GMT

Hi,

I am very new to Apache and if anyone can give me some directions, I would
be
very appreciated.

What I am trying to accomplish is when I start a Internet Explorer on my
laptop and
specify a URL as mydomain:80(this is where Apache server runs), I want
something
can convert this mydomain to a ip address e.g. "4.1.7.1" and send http
request to that
host.

There is a web server running 4.1.7.1. Therefor I want the html contents
produced
by 4.1.7.1 through Apache server send back to the IE running on my laptop?

Hope I am not confusing anyone!

Thanks