httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] useradd
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:04:12 GMT
M A wrote:

>i am logged in as root.. i think i need to add "useradd" to my path as Tim
>said

Do "echo $PATH" as root.  It should show something like

/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin

There is no rule against using the full path when calling a command:

# /usr/sbin/useradd
 or
# /usr/sbin/adduser

Do not add */sbin directories to your user PATH.  It's bad karma.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---