httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nelson Goforth <ngofo...@earthnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] logging banner ads in customer's apache logs
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:19:28 GMT
Jurgen -

  I see your point - I've never looked at the access files to see (I
actually can't on my ISP).

Since most of the people listed in that online Guide won't be able to
see their logs either, what I do is send an e-mail (assuming that a
listing with a web address also has an e-mail address) that says -
"hey! someone just looked at your site" (for the most part this is so
people know that listing in the Guide is actually working for them).  I
can send the IP address of the REMOTE_HOST (and I guess I could do a
lookup to get the domain name), but that seemed to confuse the
customers, so I took it away.  I do, however write that to the special
log.

I did find something on Apache if its running mod_perl that bears on
the subject:
     http://sedition.com/perl/mod_perl.html

Nelson