httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Simpson <Michael.Simp...@Express.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] ascii chars not showing
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:56:53 GMT
Hi all.

(I thought this problem was PHP related and have tried a phpBB forum but
with no joy).
I'm on Apache 1.3 using Windows NT, PHP3.

Have set up a forum ok, but when I send messages or post a forum I see
unreadable characters (eg. õÿoeð) appear, even though the user signature
appears below this okay).

I looked at  phpBB configuration settings but nothing seems out of place.

Checked lang_main.php - nothing unusual there. These parameters seem okay -
unless someone knows better:

$lang['ENCODING'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$lang['DIRECTION'] = 'ltr';
$lang['LEFT'] = 'left';
$lang['RIGHT'] = 'right';

TIA.
Michael Simpson
Express Newspapers
020-7922-7225 (w)
020-7922-7799 (f)

Visit Express Newspapers and OK Magazine online picture archive at
http://www.expresspictures.com

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Express Newspapers
and/or privileged material.If you are not the intended recipient
of this message please do not read ,copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be
noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
E-mail communications may be monitored.