httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] install apache2 in /programs/apache2
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:30:02 GMT
At 03:41 AM 1/29/2003, xingguo chen wrote:
>I installed Apache2 by 3 steps.
>
>1. I installed under /programs/apache2.
>2. Edited /programs/apache2/cong/http.conf
>   a. Listen 192.168.0.2:80  ( this is my local IP)
>   b  ServerName linuxfan.dyndns.org:80

Since your listen doesn't include 127.0.0.1 it won't respond to the local
loopback (http://localhost/).  You will have to explicitly hit http://192.168.0.2
or http://linuxfan.dyndns.org if that name resolves correctly to your IP.

>3. go to /programs/apache2/bin, type command # ./apachectl start
>   and i got message 'httpd (pid 8309) already running'

Perhaps you meant to stop then start your server (or... restart.)

Perhaps you have another instance installed by your linux distro
that was already runnung.