httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike <mike.li...@levrah.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL on ports other than 443
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 04:21:11 GMT
At 10:10 PM 1/29/2003, you wrote:
>I am having trouble getting ssl to run on ports other than 443.
>
>I set up apache with ssl on port 443 and everything works, lan ip
>address, internet ip address and internet domain name.
>
>I then changed the Listen and all directives that referred to port 443
>to 444 restarted apache and changed the firewall port rules, but can
>only access the apache server on the lan ip address, the internet ip and
>domain names do not work (ie returns a 'cannot find server or DNS
>error', cUrl cannot connect either). I know apache is working and that
>the ports are open, what else could I have missed?
>
>I also tried changing everything to port 1443. No joy.
>
>TIA
>
>Michael

Michael.

Make sure portsentry - if you have it on your box - doesn't have port 444
in it's "ignore" list. I came across something related to ports recently
our own box and it turned out to be related to portsentry. In my reviews at
the time, I remembered reading that it blocks ports (among other things).

-mike