httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need Suggestion / URL Improve Perfmance NT + APACHE 2043
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:14:17 GMT
At 03:43 PM 1/28/2003, Master Web Era Sinar wrote:
>Hi All.
>
>I Need Suggesttion or URL on How To Improve Perfomance and Save Server Resource on NT
SP6, with Apache 2.0.43 / PHP / MySQL on Intra LAN.

Don't run 1.3 (wait... you got that part already, cool.)  2.0 can be about 10x
the performance of 1.3 on WinNT.   But upgrade to .44 asap :-)

Second, you *better* have plugged in PHP as a module.  Running PHP as
a cgi consumes mass quantities (to quote another conehead.)

So beyond that, you have to look at the footprint, make certain you don't
ask for more worker threads than you might conceivably serve (based on
the size of your pipe.)  Watch your peak usage to determine a good balance.

Bill