httpd-users mailing list archives

From Art <...@macnew.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Sapphire Virus and Mysql
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:05:12 GMT
At 10:54 AM 1/29/2003 -0500, you wrote:<br><br>
answer. Before I stopped httpd and mysql&nbsp; <br>
I managed to count the number of processes running and it was around our
typical pattern of 20 httpd and 15 mysql processes. A cron job stops and
restarts httpd if it reaches 80 processes.</blockquote><br>
I would be interested in playing with that cron job you
mentioned...&nbsp; I occasionally have clients that really whack the
servers when a posting gets better response than they thought it
would...&nbsp; I use <b>mod_vhost_limit</b> to control those
jobs limit I set it would help me get the server down long enough to
limit the clients traffic. If you or anyone could show what the cron job
look like, that would be great, I can't figure out how to use the max
jobs as the criteria for the reboot.<br><br>
In anticipation for the comments regarding the max jobs being so high...
yes, it's &quot;picture&quot; type sites that I host.<br>