httpd-users mailing list archives

From Razvan Costea-Barlutiu <cbraz...@laitek.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite with external program
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:06:36 GMT
Thanks for your reply Zac.

Indeed, I still wear the beginners blindfold around my eyes when it comes
to regexps... I wasn't making any logic.
But the server still hangs with no response.

In fact, the log throws at me the following lines ___before___ I kill the
external program:
... (2) init rewrite engine with requested uri /
... (3) applying pattern '^(.*)' to uri '/'

and the following ___after____ I kill it:
... (5) map lookup OK: map=pramap key=/ -> val=
... (2) rewrite / ->
... (2) local path result:

So it seems that the program is causing this hang-up... But I really don't
know why is that...
Did anybody had any problems of this kind?

It seems to me that this is a wild teritory of apache, as not many people
used it (at least, I am having a hard time finding anything useful about
this external mapping).
I need to use this because I will allow users (programs) to query for files
and folders on the servers that have very long paths (>256) and I need the
rewriting program to perform a transformation of the incoming paths, so
this cannot be done with mod_rewrite alone.

Thanks again and I hope to hear/write from any you...

--Razvan