httpd-users mailing list archives

From <s...@bm.technion.ac.il>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installing Apache as caching proxy
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:47:37 GMT
I didn't do any customization to the source, bulided from default source as described in "Compiling
Apache for Microsoft Windows document"

Maybe I receive this errors because mod_cache is now experimental module and not included
in default compilation ?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob_Hiltibidal@cms.state.il.us [mailto:Rob_Hiltibidal@cms.state.il.us]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:27 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache as caching proxy

Is it possible you didn't do the options for compiling the modules?

-Rob

                    <snop@bm.techn

                    ion.ac.il>           To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                                         cc:

                    01/13/2003           Subject:     [users@httpd] Installing Apache as caching
proxy
                    12:02 PM

                    Please respond

                    to users

Hi All,

I compiled  httpd-2.0.43-win32-src via command line ,as described http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html
"nmake /f Makefile.win PORT=80 INSTDIR="c:\Apache" installr" And it was fine without any errors
and warnings.

Now I try to start Apache and receive the following error : C:\Apache\bin>Apache.exe Syntax
error on line 924 of C:/Apache/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid command 'CacheRoot', perhaps mis-spelled
or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I am running Windows 2000 Pro +sp3
How can I make Apache 2.0.43 work as caching proxy ?

Thanks

My httpd.conf file : (only thing that I changed from default file)

#
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or # ports, in addition to
the default. See also the <VirtualHost> # directive. # # Change this to Listen on specific
IP addresses as shown below to # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses
(0.0.0.0) # #Listen 12.34.56.78:80 Listen 8080

#
# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
# To be able to use the functionality of a module which was built as a DSO you # have to place
corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the # directives contained in it are
actually available _before_ they are used. # Statically compiled modules (those listed by
`httpd -l') do not need # to be loaded here. # # Example: # LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
# LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so LoadModule
auth_module modules/mod_auth.so #LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so #LoadModule
auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so #LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so #LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so #LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so #LoadModule
dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so LoadModule env_module
modules/mod_env.so #LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so LoadModule file_cache_module
modules/mod_file_cache.so #LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so LoadModule imap_module
modules/mod_imap.so LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so #LoadModule info_module
modules/mod_info.so LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so LoadModule log_config_module
modules/mod_log_config.so LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so #LoadModule mime_magic_module
modules/mod_mime_magic.so LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so LoadModule proxy_connect_module
modules/mod_proxy_connect.so LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so LoadModule
proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
#LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so #LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
#LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so #LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

#
# ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself. # This can often
be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify # it explicitly to prevent problems
during startup. # # If this is not set to valid DNS name for your host, server-generated #
redirections will not work.  See also the UseCanonicalName directive. # # If your host doesn't
have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here. # You will have to access it by its
address anyway, and this will make # redirections work in a sensible way. # ServerName here_is_my_ip:8080
... ... ... ...

#
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On

<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from all
</Proxy>

#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
ProxyVia Full

#
# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines: # (no cacheing without
CacheRoot) #

CacheRoot "c:/Apache/proxy"
CacheSize 5
CacheGcInterval 4
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1
NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu joes.garage-sale.com

</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.