httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] pl script error
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:39:43 GMT
This usually implies that the shebang line (i.e. /usr/bin/perl) is
wrong.

I know you said it is correct, but please try the following anyway:

- log in to the webserver
- su to the apache user (if it has a login shell)
- do /usr/bin/perl -v
	- did it work?
- do /www/htdocs/www.iin.org/www/auctions_cgi/auction_list.pl
	- did it work?
	- did it return "Content-type: text/html" plus a blank line
right at the start? (This is the "header" it is talking about).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
views of the sender’s company.