httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installing DSO
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:42:25 GMT
You might like to look at http://www.delouw.ch/linux/. This guy
maintains a fairly up-to-date cookbook for most apache installations.

As a brief summary:

- you need to complie in mod_so to allow DSO support
- you should compile in mod_perl - apparently it doesn't work as a
DSO-loaded module.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

PS - plain text is best for email lists...

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Kirwan [mailto:gbjk@thermeoneurope.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 7. Januar 2003 18:20
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Installing DSO

'ello everyone.

I'm new to this list - and this is my first post - so go easy on me ;-)

I've been trying to install a basic mod_perl, mod_ssl & apache 1.3.27
DSO setup ... without success.
I want to be able to add new modules to the installation easily - I
thought DSO was the way to go - am I wrong ?

When I've done the installation my httpd.conf uses a LoadModule list,
followed by a ClearModuleList followed by an AddModule list...
It falls over claiming that LoadModule is provided by a source unknown
to it...

Is there a guide to this style of installation that I can look at that I
( as of yet ) haven't found?

Sorry if this is a simple question and I've just missed some docs ...

Gareth Kirwan
Programming & Development,
Thermeon Europe Ltd,
gbjk@thermeoneurope.com