httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Name-based Virtual Hosting Problem
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:09:29 GMT
Some ideas:

- Is your browser using HTTP/1.1? It should be unless it is very
old/weird... HTTP/1.0 does not support the Host header which is required
for NBVH.

- Check your HTML: are all the links relative (you don't have any with
"http:" at the front - maybe leading to an old name with the same IP
addr)?

- Do you have "UseCanonicalName on" anywhwere? (This is the default
setting). This makes apache form self-referential URLs using the
ServerName which would cause problems if either of the above were wrong
- Try setting "UseCanonicalName off" globally to see what effect it has.

- Any caching proxy between your browser and server? Also, the browser
itself (esp. IE) can be very persistent. Kill all instances and restart
before testing major realignments of the sites.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.