httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 @ RH8.0 is EXTREMELY slow in sending
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:48:20 GMT

zeno wrote:
>>hmm, took me 18 full installs of RH7.3 once to get a bootable install.
>>exact same system, Mandrake one install and bootable. since then I
>>refuse to work with RH, as it isn't reliable enough for installation. (
>>would you be willing to pay someone for 36 hours, just to get a bootable
>>install on a computer? I wouldn't, costs way to much in time and money.
>

> I think it is more of an issue of you're not a unix person. Mandrake holds your hand
> while redhat holds a finger or two. While I am a BSD person myself I can say installing
> redhat isn't difficult (making it bootable) and shouldn't take more then 1 hour if you
decide
> to install everything, and assuming your computer is pretty fast. If you are paying somebody
> to install redhat on one machine and it takes them more then 5 hours (assuming you have
> no hardware problems and if so this could add a day even for the more skilled unix user
as far as finding
> proper drivers) then you need to find somebody else.
>
> - zeno@cgisecurity.com

switching from one *nix to a different one? with the hardware fully
functional in one and no mountable root partition under RH7.3?
nope, bad coding on RH to not let it install on a systems that has, and
is working perfectly under mandrake.
and it is a laptop, which is the worst to get *nix on.
(been using linux for 6 years now, this laptop issue wasn't that long ago. )