httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permisions on Novell?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:41:58 GMT
Linn Kubler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run Apache 1.3 on a Novell NetWare 6 server.  Apache is
> supposed to be installed with the operating system and it was and it
> runs.  However, when I try to browse to the index page, or any page for
> that matter, I get an error:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permision to access / on this server.
>
> Now I'm using the default httpd.conf or in this case adminserv.conf and
> I can't see a problem.  Here's what I think is the pertanent info from
> that file:
>
> ServerType standalone
> ServerRoot "sys:/apache"
> PidFile logs/httpd.pid
> ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_status
> Timeout 300
> KeepAlive On
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
> KeepAliveTimeout 15
> ThreadsPerChild 50
> ThreadStackSize 81920
> MaxRequestsPerChild 0
> LoadModule lcgi_module modules/mod_lcgi.nlm
> LoadModule nds_auth_module modules/mod_nds.nlm
> LoadModule tls_module modules/mod_tls.nlm
> ServerAdmin someone@somewhere.com
> ServerName fs1.inet.ecw.org
>
> # Start Apache Services Port Configuration
> Port 80
> Listen 192.168.1.2:80
> <IfModule mod_tls.c>
>     SecureListen 192.168.1.2:443 "SSL CertificateDNS"
> </IfModule>
> # End Apache Services Port Configuration
>
> DocumentRoot "sys:/apache/nwdocs"
> <Directory "/">
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order deny,allow
>     deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "sys:/apache/nwdocs">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html
> AccessFileName .htaccess
> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
>     Order allow,deny
>     Deny from all
> </Files>
>
> Can someone see a problem here or explain why I'm not allowed access to
> this server?  Oh, the error_log reports: client denied by server
> configuration: sys:/apache/nwdocs
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Linn

your directory "/" and directory "sys:/apache/nwdocs" map the same for
apache.
the document root is set to sys:apache/nwdocs, so that is the / directory.
you are denying in one container then allowing in the next, for the same
place in the server tree, this could very well cause your problem,
specially with the novell netware security in effect.