httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christos Karras <ckar...@capella.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server-Wide Rewrite w/out Multiple .htaccess Files
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:15:19 GMT
Mike wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm trying to find a way to manage (identical) rewrite statements for
> multiple vhosts. I have no syntax problems with the rewrite statements
> themselves. We have them working already on all vhosts, and have had
> for quite some time.

You could add all your RewriteRules in httpd.conf (or a file Included
from httpd.conf) before your VirtualHosts and then, in each VirtualHost:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions inherit

Then each time you add/change a RewriteRule and restart apache, it will
affect all your vhosts that have the inherit option