httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shawn Wilson <sha...@atmreports.com>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI problem with mod_userdir
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:41:10 GMT
Hello,

I'm using httpd-2.0.40-11 I'm using mod_userdir to configure user
public_html directories. The problem I'm running into is trying to allow
the execution of CGI scripts in those directories. A VERY simple script
which works in the normal web root does not work in the user's directory
even though I have ExecCGI enabled for both. All I get in my server logs
is "Premature end of script headers" which usually implies an error
running the script. However, I know the script works because I can move
it elsewhere and it executes fine.

Here's a sample from my httpd.conf:
-------------------------------------
<Location />
     Options ExecCGI
</Location>

UserDir public_html
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
     Options ExecCGI
</Directory>
---------------------------------------

I can change my <Location> tags to <Directory> tags and vice-versa
(changing the paths too) and the results are the same... it works for
"/" but not "/home/*/public_html".

Here's my CGI script:
#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
print "Script testing!";

And here's the error from my error log when it fails:
[Wed Jan 29 14:17:32 2003] [error] [client 63.168.208.34] Premature end
of script headers: test.cgi

I've checked permissions, execute bit, etc. and it all seems to be set
okay. It's just a matter of the file being in /home/*/public_html (and
served through mod_userdir) vs. /var/www/blahblah. Is this a mod_userdir
issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-shawn

--