httpd-users mailing list archives

From Amol Jakatdar <ajaka...@odu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory Access control order
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:22:50 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to "AllowOverride AuthConfig" only in the directories named
"private".
Here is my configuration:

Block 1:
<Directory ~ private>
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Private Login"
    LDAP_Server xxxx
    Base_DN xxx
    UID_Attr xxx

    AllowOverride AuthConfig Indexes Limit

</Directory>

Block 2:
<Directory "C:/Apache/htdocs">

    Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None

</Directory>

Block 1 works when Block 2 is not present... But according to the
documentation for the order of merging these sections, regex directory
section should be applied after the plain one... Am I missing something ?

Also, does anyone have any other solution for what I am trying to do ?

Thanks,

Amol