httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Quota
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:06:53 GMT
Selmer Ausland wrote:

> Jeff Cohen wrote:
>
>>That's right, NT 4.0 Server should have Disk Quota feature, check M$ support
>>site how to enable it.
>>
>>All the best,
>>Jeff Cohen
>>

> Hi Jeff;
>    After much digging, I found that Windows NT 4.0 does not support disk
> quotas. That is why I was wondering if it could be configured in Apache.
>
> You can set disk quotas in WinXP and Win 2000, but not NT.
>
> Selmer

nope it's not an apache thing it's an os thing.
since ms is phasing support for nt out in the next three years anyway,
you ight as well change os now and go through the transition bother
before the rush.
( for servers I recommend any of the *nix based options, then things
like the sql2000 server attack* can't affect your machine as easily )

* the huge slowdown/crashing halt to the internet friday night was a
worm that attacks, and infects ms sql2000 server
patch to avoid this vulnerability was out five+ months ago.
and ms rated the vulnerability critical, yet over 22000 system admins
didn't patch it, knowing that hackers love to crash windows based
systems, lazy, and stupidly negligent of them