httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Joines <joi...@bus.okstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] case conversion migrating iis to Apache
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:49:45 GMT
     We are migrating a bunch of stuff from an iis web server to Apache
on Linux.  Having windows users who are not used to the idea of case
sensitivity, we have tons of directories with mixed case names and
documents that reference them multiple times with different cases.  For
instance, one use had a GIFS directory.  In different documents (and
sometimes in the same one) he had referenced files in it via
GIFS/filename, gifs/filename, Gifs/filename, GIFs/filename, etc.
     I am looking for scripts to do these two things:

(1)  After copying the directory structure to the new web server I would
  like a script to go through and convert all file an directory names to
all lowercase.

(2)  I would like another script to go through all documents and convert
all references to these file and directories to lowercase without
changing the format of the document itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason Joines
Open Source = Open Mind