httpd-users mailing list archives

From Selmer Ausland <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RotateLogs
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:12:30 GMT
Jacob Coby wrote:

>    TransferLog "|/D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/error_log 86400"
>
> Did you mean to have the "/" before "D:/Apache2" ?  You also forgot the .exe
> extention.  Does D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs.exe work when you type it in from
> the cmd line?
>
> -Jacob

Hello Jacob;

I made the changes that you suggested and it didn't work. I also tried
it with dos and it doesn't work. Being relatively new to Apache I hope
you will not think me completely stupid for not figuring this out by
myself.

This is the example from Apache website for piped logs:

CustomLog "|/usr/local/apache/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/access_log 86400"
common

What I used is in my partial Apache conf file (below), which I have
added again in case someone else can shed light on how to rotate access
and error logs.

Using Win NT 4.0 and Apache 2.0.44

Thanks. Selmer

#
  ErrorLog logs/error.log

  TransferLog "|D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs.exe /var/log/error_log 86400"

# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error.log.
# alert, emerg.

LogLevel warn

# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).
#
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\""combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

#
# The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
# container, they will be logged here.  Contrariwise, if you *do*
# define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
# logged therein and *not* in this file.
#

  CustomLog logs/access.log common

  CustomLog "|D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs.exe /var/log/Access_log 86400"
common

# If you would like to have agent and referer logfiles, uncomment the
# following directives.
#
# CustomLog logs/referer.log referer
# CustomLog logs/agent.log agent

#
# If you prefer a single logfile with access, agent, and referer
information
# (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
#

#CustomLog logs/access.log combined