httpd-users mailing list archives

From Selmer Ausland <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RotateLogs
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:54:50 GMT
Hello Group;

   I am having problems getting rotatelogs to work. I have followed the
documentation and tried numerous configurations and I cannot seem to get
the hang of it. (boneheaded probably).

I am sending along a portion of my Apache httpd conf file (below).
Perhaps someone would be kind enough to enlighten me as to the proper
wording. I obviously have it wrong. Grrrr!!

I am using Win NT 4.0 and Apache 2.0.44

Thanks.

Selmer Ausland

----------------------------------

# If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>
# container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.

  ErrorLog logs/error.log

  TransferLog "|/D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/error_log 86400"

# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error.log.
# alert, emerg.

LogLevel warn

# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).
#
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

#
# The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
# container, they will be logged here.  Contrariwise, if you *do*
# define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
# logged therein and *not* in this file.
#

  CustomLog logs/access.log common

  CustomLog "|/D:/Apache2/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/Access_log 86400"
common

# If you would like to have agent and referer logfiles, uncomment the
# following directives.
#
# CustomLog logs/referer.log referer
# CustomLog logs/agent.log agent

#
# If you prefer a single logfile with access, agent, and referer
information
# (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
#

#CustomLog logs/access.log combined

--
JKCC Consulting