httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd, php& mysql
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:40:31 GMT
why not use the rpm packages red hat for apache, php and mysql? they are
on the cds, and it will configure to be running together automatically.

building from source is fine, if you need additional functionality that
the default rpms don't include, but php and mysql support are available
in the rpms, with ssl and perl also.

since my mandrake has a full 82 modules for apache 2 with php 4
available as rpms, I'm sure that red hat will have them also.