httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Cook <...@cs.appstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory Listings
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:21:17 GMT
I need to stop directory listings on certain directories only.  Im
running apache 1.3.27 on Tru64 4.0f.

I have the following in the httpd.conf file and would think that
-Indexes would prevent that in the last directory section but it doesnt.
 I did restart apache after putting in the last section.  I checked the
.htaccess file to see if it was turned on there and it isnt, in fact
there isnt a .htaccess in that directory.  Im sure Im missing something
and am hoping some kind soul will point it out to me. The root directory
is /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs.

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Options +Includes +Indexes
    XBitHack on
 </Directory>

 <Directory /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/u/cs/khj>
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride All
  Options +Includes -Indexes
  XBitHack on