httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kyle <k...@ccidomain.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache processes not dying?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:37:26 GMT
We are having the same problem with our Apache 1.3.23 from RedHat RPM,
NOT running PHP, NOT behind a load balancing switch.

Everyday one of us has to go in and kill the hung Apache processes to
keep our web sites up.

I have posted this problem two separate times without a single reply.
Ignoring our problem has not made it go away.

My server compilation is as follows:
/usr/sbin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Jun 19 2002 11:55:23
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:13
Server compiled with....
  -D EAPI
  -D EAPI_MM
  -D EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH="/var/run/httpd.mm"
  -D HAVE_MMAP
  -D HAVE_SHMGET
  -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
  -D USE_MMAP_FILES
  -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="/var/log/httpd/access_log"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd/error_log"
  -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
  -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
  -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"

-Kyle