httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache as caching proxy
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:25:52 GMT
about the only hardware where there are problems getting linux drivers
for is winmodems, and even that is almost covered. ( mandrake has
linmodem drivers to run winmodems )

so it is probably that there are linux drivers for your piece of
hardware. ;)

snop@bm.technion.ac.il wrote:
> No way.
> I wanted to use Apache cache module for hard integration between proxy and a piece of
hardware,that has Windows drivers only.

tro get the mods compiled in I wanted and then I wasn't going after a proxy/caching server.
 Are there any extra README files in the src directory?

> -Rob
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic23655.gif)
>

>                     <snop@bm.techn
>
>                     ion.ac.il>           To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>
>
>                                          cc:
>
>                     01/13/2003           Subject:     RE: [users@httpd]
> Installing Apache as caching proxy
>                     12:47 PM
>
>                     Please respond
>
>                     to users
>

> I didn't do any customization to the source, bulided from default source as described
in "Compiling Apache for Microsoft Windows document"

> Maybe I receive this errors because mod_cache is now experimental module and not included
in default compilation ?

> Thanks

Syntax error on line 924 of
> C:/Apache/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid command 'CacheRoot', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

> I am running Windows 2000 Pro +sp3
> How can I make Apache 2.0.43 work as caching proxy ?
>
> Thanks
>
> My httpd.conf file : (only thing that I changed from default file)
>
> #
> # Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or # ports, in addition
to the default. See also the <VirtualHost> # directive. # # Change this to Listen on
specific IP addresses as shown below to # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses
(0.0.0.0) # #Listen 12.34.56.78:80 Listen 8080

> #
> # Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
> #
> # To be able to use the functionality of a module which was built as a DSO you # have
to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the # directives contained in
it are actually available _before_ they are used. # Statically compiled modules (those listed
by `httpd -l') do not need # to be loaded here. # # Example: # LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
# LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so LoadModule
auth_module modules/mod_auth.so #LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so #LoadModule
auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so #LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so #LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so #LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so #LoadModule
dav_fs_module mo
dules/mod_dav_fs.so LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
#LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so
#LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so #LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so #LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so #LoadModule speling_module
 modules/mod_speling.so #LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so #LoadModule unique_id_module
modules/mod_unique_id.so LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so #LoadModule usertrack_module
modules/mod_usertrack.so #LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so #LoadModule
ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

> #
> # ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself. # This
can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify # it explicitly to prevent
problems during startup. # # If this is not set to valid DNS name for your host, server-generated
# redirections will not work.  See also the UseCanonicalName directive. # # If your host doesn't
have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here. # You will have to access it by its
address anyway, and this will make # redirections work in a sensible way. # ServerName here_is_my_ip:8080