httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] linux trouble
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:08:07 GMT
David,
send me direct email ( off list since this is off topic for the list )
but, what version of xfree86 server did you install?
what desktop are you using?
why use a gui and lose the system resources? ;)
my server I don't even log in to use it under mandrake 9.0

I doubt it is the monitor, seems the sis card is frequently to blame.
I have found that xfree86-3.x works better for sis cards/chipsets than
the 4.x version

you may be able to find an update for linux on sis site, but maybe not.
(my sis 6326 card no update for linux )