httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server 2.0.43
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:48:12 GMT

David Jones wrote:
> so J.Greenlees what you are saying is the same rule applies to you but it is
> not enforced in other words you can host on a isp when you are not supposed
> to be able to or what

yup, my cable isp doesn't block ports and hasn't said anything about my
servers. I have even sent them server logs showing nimda and code red
infected servers from thier network so they could get them cleaned up.
it's not like they don't know it's there.

> BTW i just went and got port detective and tried it on both cpu,s on my
> router and think i found a prob on cpu # 1 a lot of ports was closed or
> blocked
> and on the one with the server a lot was in use and not blocked so...
> i think my router is giving mr troubles..

I just have a cheap soho router running, never had a single problem with
it. no configuration options with it at all. basic automatic
routing/switching device.

...lol just my luck o well
> i have a idea i am going to bypass the router all together and just have the
> server cpu going give me about five minuites and please try to see the
> Apache Test Page
> my address is http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105

it worked a couple of days ago when I checked. but both are timing out
right now for me.