httpd-users mailing list archives

From paul <odonne...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost" error message
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:41:48 GMT
Hi and thanks for your suggestion,

I really am new to Linux so I feel as though I am walking in a dark
room. Here is the shell output from your suggestion. Apparently I have
no idea what I am doing. Am I on the right track?

Paul

$ /usr/sbin/apachectl -start
Usage: /usr/sbin/httpd [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
                       [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
                       [-k start|restart|graceful|stop]
                       [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-t]
  -D name           : define a name for use in <IfDefine name> directives
  -d directory      : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
  -f file           : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
  -C "directive"    : process directive before reading config files
  -c "directive"    : process directive after reading config files
  -e level          : show startup errors of level (see LogLevel)
  -E file           : log startup errors to file
  -v                : show version number
  -V                : show compile settings
  -h                : list available command line options (this page)
  -l                : list compiled in modules
  -L                : list available configuration directives
  -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS : show parsed settings (currently only vhost settings)
  -t                : run syntax check for config files
$