httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FrontPage Extentions and/or ASP with Apache under Linux
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:12:36 GMT
well, I know that running them can be done, and I do not think they
actually place a linux box at risk.
I believe frontpage extensions are vbscript based, if so then it's just
a security risk of someone adding vbscript to a page that runs an
activex control to damage the visitor's system.

no activex or vbscript on linux. ~l~

Mark Hoover wrote:
> Greetings everyone......
>
> I've recently had some inquires made of me to be able to provide FrontPage Extentions
and ASP on our Linux Apache server.  As I've been looking over the documentation I've been
able to find, there seems to be some question as to whether it's possible to run FrontPage
on a linux server w/o compromising the security that we all hold near and dear to our hearts.

> I was hoping that somebody on here might have done the above and could lend any insight
of whether this is indeed a very bad thing to be doing.....