httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John K. Sterling" <j...@sterls.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache + Siteminder for authentication
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:22:53 GMT

siteminder ships an apache module that you have to integrate into your site.
 It allows you to configure a login page, a logout page (which eliminates
the cookie), and some other info.  Every request that comes in is handled
by the siteminder module to do its checking.... and as Dirk said, this can
be a bottlneck depending on your load.  Also, i don't think they provide
the source so you can't tweak it to meet your needs.  I believe they do
expose an api so you could do some in-house work, but I have not used their
api.

sterling