httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, David" <David.Campb...@granadamedia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Vhost cleverness
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:19:11 GMT
> As Rich mentioned, that's not a valid syntax for ServerAlias.
>  Generally
> speaking, there aren't any variables available for
> interpolation within
> config directives unless specifically stated in the documentation.

Thanks Zac - thats what I thought

> Failing that, the standard answer is to use a preprocessor on the
> configuration file and use that to generate the per-server
> configuration.
> If you currently have an automated method of distributing the
> configuration
> to each server, the additional step won't cause you any problems.

Yes - this is how we do it now - check the config out of CVS  - run a perl
script against each to make it unique and then copy it up to the servers-

We would love to refine this

Dave

Please visit the official Granada website at www.granadamedia.com
for the latest company news.

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
postmaster@granadamedia.com

Thank you.