httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Warwick" <mwarw...@stwgtn.co.nz>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL on ports other than 443
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:19:27 GMT
I have switched back to 443

https://my-server/ works
https://my-server:443/ works
https://192.168.1.1:443/ works
https://203.97.81.1/ works

But when I switch to 444 or 1443

https://my-server/ doesn't work
https://my-server:444/ doesn't work
https://192.168.1.1:444/ works
https://203.97.81.1/ doesn't work

I have discovered another firewall, installed upstream, by our ISP which
may be part of the problem. Apache seems fine. The DNS is externally
hosted and seems fine.

OT anyone know a good web based port scanner that will let me test a
specific ports?

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]

You're saying that https://your-server/ works but
https://your-server:444/ doesn't - and with a DNS error? But,
https://192.168.1.1:444/ works?

If the ip address works then the problem is not apache. It is whatever
you use for domain name resolution (DNS, /etc/hosts, whatever..). I've
no idea why changing the port number should screw up DNS, however.

Try switching back to port 443 then hitting https://your-server:443/ -
if that fails with the same DNS error then the problem must be that the
addition of the port number is screwing up your DNS.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>I also tried changing everything to port 1443. No joy.
>
>TIA
>
>Michael

views of the sender's company.