httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Warwick" <mwarw...@stwgtn.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL on ports other than 443
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 04:10:50 GMT
I am having trouble getting ssl to run on ports other than 443.

I set up apache with ssl on port 443 and everything works, lan ip
address, internet ip address and internet domain name.

I then changed the Listen and all directives that referred to port 443
to 444 restarted apache and changed the firewall port rules, but can
only access the apache server on the lan ip address, the internet ip and
domain names do not work (ie returns a 'cannot find server or DNS
error', cUrl cannot connect either). I know apache is working and that
the ports are open, what else could I have missed?

I also tried changing everything to port 1443. No joy.

TIA

Michael