httpd-users mailing list archives

From Issa Mbodji <issambo...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory protection
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:50:49 GMT

Hello:

I have a directory that I want to protect. I am using a windows OS and running apache 1.3.27.
Here is the directory:

C:\apache\htdocs\mercedissa.

I have tried all ways possible that I know and people have recommended, but in vain.

I created the password file in C:/apache/bin/users (users being the passwd file) and I also
created the AuthFileName and saved it as htaccess file (with and without the .dot). I also
changed the configuration file (httpd.conf) AllowOverride All and AuthConfig. As you can see
nothing happened. I am new using apache. (I read the documentations...)

Also I would like to know, how can I change C:\apache\htdocs\mercedissa\index.html to http://localhost/.......
and access it directly from my browser without having to go to file->open and browse for
the file to open it.

Thanks for your help.

Mame Issa Mbodji
3201 Weeping Willow Ct # 33