httpd-users mailing list archives

From Will Williams <willia...@willwilliams.homeunix.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Premature end of script headers
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:11:06 GMT
Yes, I have a "speedy" and a "speedy_backend"

I am running FreeBSD 4.7, with ports called Nagios 1.0, and Smokeping
1.18.

I just stopped and restarted httpd and it worked.  Being a firm believer
in it should work again after a reboot, I rebooted the machine.
Unfortunately after the reboot, Smokeping.cgi did not work again.  So I
stopped and restarted the httpd daemon again, and then smokeping started
working again...Any more ideas? (thanks for the input so far).

Will Williams
williamsw@willwilliams.homeunix.net
+49-178-806-7966

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Jurgen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do you really have an exectuable named "speedy" in /usr/local/bin ?
>
> Write a script like this:
> #!/usr/local/bin.......
> print "Content-type:text/html\n\nOK";
>
> and see if it runs. If you have shell access run it from the command line as well.
>
> Jurgen
>

> On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:29:48 +0100 (CET)
> Will Williams <williamsw@willwilliams.homeunix.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't follow you on using a different style...Perhaps I should
> > elaborate, I did not write the CGI (nor do I even know how), it comes with
> > the smokeping port for FreeBSD.
> >
> > How do I test this by running from the command line?
> >
> > The reference to windows was based on a question posed to my original
> > email as to whether or not I use windows to edit any of the files.
> >
> > Will Williams
> > williamsw@willwilliams.homeunix.net
> > +49-178-806-7966

> > > What language is "speedy"?  If this is Perl, the orthodox hash-bang is
> > > #!/usr/bin/perl -wT

> > > I won't try too evaluate the program, other than to say I would use a
> > > different style :)

> > > What does the reference to MS windows editor mean?  Will this run on a
> > > legacy OS?  In that case, the hash-bang must reference the Windows path
> > > eg. c:/some/path/perl.exe

> > > Oops!  Ignore my ref to Windows.

CGI work