httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] linux hosting (ot)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:02:49 GMT
Hi Ryan,

well to host it yourself might be REALLLLLLLY, REALLLLLLLY expensive, because you need a dedicated
line to where you put your server. You could also colocate it, but that will be rather expensive
as well.
What kind of application are you looking for? There might be some companies that might host
your application on their server, which will be shared between you and other customers.

Jurgen

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:42:45 +0100
"Ryan A" <r@jumac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am just very curious, I was going to buy an application but then the developer told
me i would need dedicated hosting for that app, then i went on the net and i see dedicated
hosting is REALLLLLLLY expensive...

> my question is this:
> with the same money it costs me a year of dedicated hosting (around 2000$) wouldnt it
be cheaper if i bought a server,loaded linux and host the damn site myself?